Partnerships for Diversity and Inclusion
On October 16, 2012, an all-day gathering of Wellesley students, faculty, union and administrative staff, and alumnae will focus on diversity and inclusion.
All are invited to participate in hands-on activities, interactive multimedia experiences, lectures, workshops, and dialogue/networking sessions related to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion that will be held at locations across campus.
The inaugural event will provide opportunities for all community members to learn about diversity and inclusion “competency” resources, to network and meet others who are interested in promoting equity at Wellesley, and to learn more about diversity, inclusion, and equity initiatives on campus. Through this we can create a shared understanding of a variety of ways we may all contribute to building a more equitable campus climate.
Please review our Glossary of Terms if any of the language we use is unfamiliar to you.
Schedule of the Day
8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Resource Center Open - Tishman Commons in the Campus Center
- Acts of Inclusion kiosks: Contribute your ideas for making Wellesley College more inclusive.
- Community Tree: Share your ideas about projects and activities and seek partnership with others at Wellesley College.
- Inclusion Wall: Discover and honor past and current Diversity and Inclusion efforts (RSVP)
- Diversity Snapshots kiosk: Visit the photo booth and add to the mix.
Trade Shops Building
- Diversity Snapshots kiosk (located in Break Room)
- Resource Tables
- Diversity Snapshots kiosk
- Resource Table
- Diversity Snapshots kiosk
- Reource Table
Resource Tables Open - locations across campus (see map) including:
- Newhouse Center
- Clapp Library
- Multifaith Center
- Keohane Sports Center
- Billings Hall
- Stone Center
- Harambee House
- Admission (Weaver)
- Residence Halls
- Wellesley Centers for Women
- College Club
Some of our tables will be hosted by various Centers of Wellesley College.
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch - Alumnae Hall Ballroom (RSVP Required) - Space is limited
1:45 - 4:15 p.m.
Activities and Workshops
Tishman Commons and Cow Chair Room in the Campus Center
- Mini-Workshops in the Campus Center: Mini-workshops are short 15-minute programs on topics related to diversity and inclusion at Wellesley and in the world.
Rethinking Assumptions - Tishman Commons - Times: 1:45pm, 2:15pm, 2:45pm, 3:15pm & 3:45pm
Micro-Messaging - Cow Chair Room - Times: 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 3:00pm & 3:30pm
Alumnae Hall Ballroom
- Workshops in Alumnae Hall: Workshops are 45-minute programs offered between 2:00-3:45pm on topics related to diversity and inclusion at Wellesley and in the world.
Listening: How hard can it be? - Time: 2:00-2:45pm
Minimizing Unconscious Bias - Time: 3:00-3:45pm
Res Hall Diversity and Inclusion Programs - October 16, 17 and 18
House President's Council, the MAC and Diversity Committee and the Office of Intercultural Education are hosting Diversity and Inclusion programs during Res Hall Teas on the following nights. All programs are open to all students.
Special thanks to President Bottomly, the design team, advisory team, media relations, LTS, senior staff, faculty, union and administrative staff and students for your partnership and hard work in making this initiative a reality.