We are a cross-constituency team providing strategic leadership for Wellesley College in areas of diversity, inclusion and equity, through partnerships and community engagement.
Our work advances the College's mission of providing an excellent liberal arts education by strengthening and sustaining a campus culture that reflects different ways of thinking, living, working and learning, and cultivates the capacity for Wellesley college citizens to act to build a strong and vibrant educational community.
- Partnership – We seek success in our work through collaborative partnerships and community engagement.
- Leadership – We strengthen inclusive leadership capacity in an increasingly diverse Wellesley.
- Inquisitiveness – We engage our work with curiosity, flexibility, and self-reflection.
- Synergy – We respect and value individual differences, and cultivate opportunities for connection and cooperation.
- Accountability – We model accountability through ongoing assessment and transparency in our processes and actions.
The Partnerships for Diversity and Inclusion Initiative is coordinated by Robbin Chapman, associate provost and academic director for diversity and inclusion; Victor Kazanjian, dean of intercultural education and religious and spiritual life; and Carolyn Slaboden, interim co-director of human resources and director of employment, diversity, and inclusion.