Partnerships begin with people
In cooperation with other groups and individuals across campus, the Partnerships for Diversity & Inclusion work on focus areas driven by our core values.
These values shape our work.
- Partnership—We seek success in our work through collaborative partnerships and community engagement.
- Leadership—We strengthen inclusive leadership capacity in an increasingly diverse Wellesley.
- Inquisitiveness—We engage our work with curiosity, flexibility, and self-reflection.
- Synergy—We respect and value individual differences, and cultivate opportunities for connection and cooperation.
- Accountability—We model accountability through ongoing assessment and transparency in our processes and actions.
We begin our work by focusing on these areas and issues.
- Access and equity—making Wellesley exemplary and innovative in all areas of recruitment, hiring, and retention of faculty and staff, and attracting, retaining, and engaging of a diverse community of students and alumnae.
- Institutional advancement of diversity and inclusion—enriching the intellectual community at Wellesley by enhancing diversity and inclusion content in courses, programs, and experiences across academic programs and co-curricular experiences.
- Campus climate—developing a campus climate in which all campus members are fully engaged, where issues of inclusion are addressed, and where the values of diversity and inclusion are seen as essential for excellence in teaching, learning, and working for all members of the Wellesley College community.
- Community learning and leadership—increasing the capacity for equitable scholarship and leadership by equipping community members with tools for citizenship within a diverse and inclusive community.
The Partnerships is coordinated by Robbin Chapman, the associate provost and academic director of diversity and inclusion; Robin Cook-Nobles, the director of the Counseling Service and interim director of the Office of Intercultural Education; and Carolyn Slaboden, the assistant vice president for human resources and equal opportunity.