Registration is now open for the second interation of our College Board approved online AP® Italian Language and Culture course!
Wellesley College's online AP® Italian Language and Culture provides students with an interactive learning experience that combines the highest academic standards with the goal of language proficiency.
Get the best preparation for the AP® Italian exam as part of this College Board-approved online course with regular live instruction, language practice, and written and oral assignments.
Students have two options:
1. If you want to be part of an online live class and be best prepared for the AP® Italian exam:
Register for one of Wellesley's online live instruction classes, conveniently offered in the evenings and/or Saturdays. These classes are taught in conjunction with the free AP® Italian Language and Culture course open on the edX platform.
Upon completion, you'll receive a certificate from Wellesley College with a letter grade that you may present to your high school for registration on your transcript.
2. If you want to just study on your own for the AP® Italian exam:
Register for free on edX to access course materials, and work independently and not be part of a class.
High School Teachers:
Register for free on edX to access all of our online material for free to help you design an interactive and academically challenging AP® Italian Language and Culture course.
High School Administrators and Counselors:
Please notify any interested students about this new online course.
Components of this unique course include:
- Watch video interviews with Italian speakers, including:
- Renowned cook Lidia Bastianich on Italian cuisine
- Soccer player Andrea Pirlo on his sports career
- Italian journalist Federico Rampini on the Italian Constitution
- Architect and inventor Carlo Ratti on the Italian "Senseable Cities"
- Read literary excerpts from some major writers of the 20th and 21st centuries, including Umberto Eco, Italo Calvino, Susanna Agnelli, Laila Wadia, and others.
- Review relevant media coverage and advertisements including:
- Newspaper articles (from Corriere della Sera, Il Sole24Ore and l’Unità)
- Radio programs
- Relevant realia (e.g., print and TV ads)
- Complete grammar reviews with downloadable pdf charts and self-corrected activities.
- Audio files: As the Spoken Interpersonal Communication portion of the AP® Italian exam is very challenging, we have created twelve audio files of conversations designed to help students practice their spontaneous speaking skills. These audio files may be used in class or as self-study.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.