The Class of 2017 Admission Statistics (as of 4/1/13)
- Wellesley received 4,794 applications for admission, more than a 5% increase over last year.
- We admitted approximately 28% of those who applied. This is the most selective rate in over 30 years.
- The average SAT scores are:
- Critical Reading: 720
- Math: 711
- Writing: 725
- The average ACT score is 31.
- 62% of students attend public school, 36% attend private/independent school, and 2% parochial school.
- Students hail from 46 states and the District of Columbia.
- Students represent 40 nations of citizenship, including the United States.
- 41% are students of color.
- 10% have alumnae relatives.
Information regarding the enrolled Class of 2017 will be available in Fall 2013.