Davis Degree Applicants
If you are over 24 and have not completed your bachelor's degree, you may apply online to the Elisabeth Kaiser Davis Degree Program.
There are two required parts to the Davis Degree application at Wellesley College. There is no application fee. Please complete the following forms online:
- Part I: The Wellesley College Transfer Supplement. Please access through the Common App website.
- Part II: The Common Application for Transfer Students. You also access this form through the Common App website.
Note: You may download and print a PDF of the Wellesley Transfer Supplement. However, there is a $50 application fee to submit paper; the fee is waived if you apply online.
- U.S. citizens: March 1
- International students applying for financial aid: January 15
In addition to the two-part application, the following credentials are required.
1. High School Transcript
You will need to submit an official transcript from the high school from which you graduated. If you received a High School Certificate of Equivalency, official G.E.D. scores and a high school transcript for the years you attended are required. Although we require your final high school transcript, we do not need the Secondary School Report.
2. College Transcript
You will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. The form for requesting this information should be sent to the Registrar of the colleges you attended. You should check with the school for procedures and fee information before requesting a transcript. Transcripts must be sent directly from the college.
3. College Instructor Evaluation/ College Official's Form
Three evaluations/recommendations are required. Please send an evaluation form to each person you intend on using as a reference. Recent academic evaluations are preferred. If you are currently enrolled at a college, one of these recommendations must be the College Official's Form. If you have been out of school for several years and are therefore unable to obtain academic evaluations, you may submit one from an employer or supervisor in community activities where you have worked. Evaluations/recommendations from friends and relatives are discouraged.
4. Mid-Term Report (only if you are currently taking courses)
The Mid-Term Report must be completed by any applicant who is currently enrolled in courses. Please list the courses that you will be taking during the spring semester on this form and return it to our office by March 20. The point of the form is for us to get a sense of how you are doing in your current coursework, so it helps to have it filled out closer to mid-terms. If you turn in a form with no grades, it will not be considered in your file.
5. Updated Resume
Interviews are required for Davis Degree Applicants. You can schedule an interview any time during the year, but arrangements should be made at least two weeks before the admission application deadline of March 1. Spots often fill quickly as the deadline approaches, so please schedule them as soon as possible. Late requests will not be honored.
- On-campus interview: Call the Board of Admission at 781.283.2270 to make an appointment for an on-campus interview.
- Off-campus interview: For those living outside the region, it is possible that an off-campus interview with a Wellesley alumna can be arranged. To request an off-campus interview with an alumna interviewer near your hometown, please fill out the off-campus interview request form.