FAQ: International Applicants

Frequently Asked Questions:
International Applicants

If I’m an international student, do I need to complete additional forms?

No. Candidates from schools outside the United States, including U.S. citizens studying outside the United States, must simply complete and submit the the Common Application. 

What if I’m an international student and wish to apply for financial aid?

Wellesley is not need blind for students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The College has the resources to support a limited number of need-based financial aid awards for international citizens with demonstrated need. Therefore, admission is highly competitive for international citizens applying for financial aid. For those admitted, the College will fund the full amount of their demonstrated need.

International citizens applying for financial assistance may apply under any of Wellesley’s three decision plans (Early Decision, Early Evaluation, or Regular Decision). 

What if English is my second language? Is the TOEFL required?

All applicants are required to take the SAT Reasoning and Subject Tests or ACT with Writing. We also strongly recommend that students for whom English is a second language and who have been studying in an English-based curriculum for less than five years take the TOEFL.


student blogs

Wellesley FacebookWellesley TwitterWellesley YouTubeWellesley Flickr