QuestBridge links bright, motivated, low-income students with educational and scholarship opportunities at some of the nation’s best colleges.
If you are a QuestBridge student, we thank you for your interest in Wellesley and congratulate you on being recognized for your outstanding academic and personal accomplishments by the QuestBridge program. We know that the process of researching and applying to colleges is exciting but also challenging at times. We want you to know that we're here to provide answers to your questions and to assist you in your process. Above all, we want you to be successful!
As one of the most diverse colleges in the United States, Wellesley is widely known for its role in promoting leadership models of women and commitment to academic excellence. Wellesley's beautiful campus and exceptional resources enable the College to attract the most talented students from communities across the country and around the world and top professors who are passionate about teaching.
The Wellesley website can help you explore the many different facets of the college. Want to learn about internship opportunities? Visit the Center for Work and Service. Interested in studying abroad? Visit the Office of International Studies. Curious about how many languages we offer? Check out our academic areas. Maybe you just want to know what our students think of Wellesley (and how they have fun!). Our student blogs give you a glimpse into the community here.
Come visit us!
Intrigued? One of the best ways to get a feel for this exceptional educational community for women is by visiting our beautiful campus, located 12 miles from Boston. Learn more about visiting Wellesley. If you're unable to schedule a visit and would like to connect with a current Wellesley student or alumnae in your area, please feel free to contact Victoria George, Assistant Director of Admission, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 781.283.2287.
Commonly Asked Questions
Q. I applied to Wellesley through the College Match process. How will I know you have all of my materials?
A. You will receive an email from Wellesley that will allow you to login and see all of your received credentials.
Q. I didn't match with Wellesley but I am still very interested. Can I still apply?
A. Yes! There are different application requirements depending on what plan you apply under. Please click here for all of the requirements.
Q. Is the fee waived if I apply for Regular Decision?
A. There is no fee to apply if you apply online.
Q. I am an international student. Can I apply for the QuestBridge Match program with Wellesley?
A. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to offer the Match Program to U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents. However, we do have a limited amount of financial aid for international students (students who are neither U.S. Citizens nor registered U.S. Permanent Residents) in the Regular Decision process. The deadline to apply for all international students seeking financial aid is January 15.
Q. Can I use the same essay I submitted to QuestBridge for the Common Application?
A. Yes. You may copy and paste the same essay submitted through the QuestBridge application on to your Common Application.
Q. Is an interview required?
A. Interviews are not required for first year applicants, but they are highly encouraged. Click here to schedule one.
Q. I really needed the scholarship that the College Match program provided. What is your financial aid package like outside of the College Match?
A. We have a need-based financial aid policy, and we fulfill 100 percent of demonstrated need, so for some students it could be the same. For information about how Wellesley determines financial need, please refer to Wellesley's Financial Aid website.
Q. Does Wellesley offer any visit programs in the fall?
A. Yes! We host an overnight program for any interested student in mid-October. Please check your email from QuestBridge for more information on this program and possible ways to fund your visit.
Apply for Admission
For the complete application instructions, please visit the Wellesley QuestBridge site. All candidates post-Match process must submit the following:
- Please submit the Common Application including any Wellesley-specific questions and writing supplement. The application fee is waived for all QuestBridge candidates who apply to Wellesley online through the CommonApp.org.
- Request that QuestBridge forward your application to Wellesley College.
- Submit either the SAT Reasoning Test and two SAT Subject Tests, or the ACT with Writing Test. You must send official copies of your test scores and take tests by December of your senior year.
- Submit official copies of your high school transcripts. Please note that Wellesley requires all students to submit midyear or first and second trimester grades as well.
- Please submit two academic teacher recommendations and one guidance counselor recommendation.
- For additional information, see our Financial Aid Checklist for QuestBridge students.
Apply for Financial Aid
- Mail or fax a copy of your parents’ 2013 federal income tax returns and W2s. You do not need to send the Wellesley College Entering Student Financial Aid Application at this time.
- Complete and electronically submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE to the College Board. Wellesley’s school code is 3957.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or never married, your noncustodial parent should complete the Noncustodial Parent Profile.
- In January, electronically submit the federal FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Wellesley’s school code is 002224.
Information about financial aid for QuestBridge Match Applicants.
Student Financial Services
106 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02481