QuestBridge Students: Introduction and application overview
Wellesley is proud to be a QuestBridge partner school. This nonprofit organization links bright, motivated, low-income students with educational and scholarship opportunities at some of the nation’s best colleges.
If you are a QuestBridge student, we thank you for your interest in Wellesley and congratulate you on being recognized for your outstanding academic and personal accomplishments by the QuestBridge program. We know that the process of researching and applying to colleges is exciting but also challenging at times. We want you to know that we're here to provide answers to your questions and to assist you in your process. Above all, we want you to be successful! See this video to learn more about QuestBridge National College Match.
As one of the most diverse colleges in the United States, Wellesley is widely known for its role in promoting leadership models of women and commitment to academic excellence. Wellesley's beautiful campus and exceptional resources enable the College to attract the most talented students from communities across the country and around the world and top professors who are passionate about teaching.
The Wellesley website can help you explore the many different facets of the college. To learn about internship opportunities, visit Career Education. If you're interested in studying abroad, see the Office of International Studies. Curious about the variety of majors we offer? Check out our academic areas. Maybe you just want to know what our students think of Wellesley (and how they have fun!). The Wellesley 100, video playlist, and our student blogs give you a glimpse into the community here.
Intrigued? One of the best ways to get a feel for this exceptional educational community for women is by visiting our beautiful campus, located 12 miles from Boston. Learn more about visiting Wellesley. If you're unable to schedule a visit and would like to connect with a current Wellesley student or alumnae in your area, please feel free to contact Danielle Wells, Associate Director of Admission, at email@example.com or by phone at 781.283.2287.
Apply for admission
For complete application requirements, please visit the Wellesley QuestBridge site. All candidates post-Match process must submit the following:
- The Common Application including any Wellesley-specific questions and writing supplement. The application fee is waived for all QuestBridge candidates who apply to Wellesley online through the CommonApp.org.
- Request that QuestBridge forward your application to Wellesley College. See instructions for forwarding your application.
- Either the SAT or the ACT with Writing Test. You must send official copies of your test scores and take tests by December of your senior year.
- Official copies of your high school transcripts. Please note that Wellesley requires all students to submit midyear or first and second trimester grades as well.
- Two academic teacher recommendations and one guidance counselor recommendation.
*New: Helpful text message service for college-bound students!
The free tool Up Next sends simple text messages that remind you of admission and financial aid deadlines. Text the word “college” to 44044 to get started. The service sends prompts to your phone with reminders. It's part of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Reach Higher initiative and Better Make Room campaign.
Apply for financial aid
- See our Financial Aid Checklist for QuestBridge students.
- Mail or fax a copy of your parents’ federal income tax returns and W2s.
- Complete and electronically submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE to the College Board. Wellesley’s school code is 3957.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or never married, your noncustodial parent should complete the Noncustodial Parent Profile.
- Electronically submit the federal FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA is available on October 1 and Wellesley’s school code is 002224. The priority deadline for Match applicants is November 1. Non-match applicants should follow the priority deadline based on when they plan to apply for admission. See information about financial aid for QuestBridge Match Applicants.
See QuestBridge FAQ