- Admission & Financial Aid
- Only Wellesley
- Wellesley Is Affordable
- Financial Aid & Costs
- Apply for Aid
- Detailed Tuition & Costs
- Understanding Your Aid
- Educational Financing
- Student Accounts
- Student Employment
- Financial Literacy
- Facts & Stats
- Financial Aid Forms
- Contact Student Financial Services
- First Year Experience
- Get to Know Us
- Video Playlist
- Visit Us
- Contact Us
Wellesley offers a comprehensive health insurance plan designed to meet the needs of our students.
Enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan is required for all students registered for at least 75 percent of full-time credits.
Currently, Massachusetts law requires that all full-time and part-time college students enroll in a school-sponsored health program or an alternate plan with comparable coverage. For more information on this law, please click here and click on "Student Health Insurance Program".
Under Wellesley's insurance policy, all students enrolled in courses at Wellesley College may see a physician, nurse practitioner, or nurse at the Health Service office without charge; however, charges are incurred for certain procedures, treatments, and laboratory tests. Insurance coverage for the 2014-2015 academic year is effective from August 15, 2014, to August 14, 2015. The insurance rate for 2014-2015 is $1,920. The fee for insurance appears on the first EBill in the Fall semester.
Insurance coverage cannot be waived if the annual online waiver form is not submitted by July 25, 2014.
Wellesley College is pleased to announce that for the 2014-2015 Academic Year we have teamed up with Blue Cross and Blue Shield to provide health insurance coverage for our students. The following services are included in the Student Health Insurance Plan for 2014-2015:
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient medical expense, mental health coverage, prescription drugs, diagnostic testing, lab and x-ray services, urgent care, and emergency visits.
- 100% coverage for preventative care.
- Access to a comprehensive network of doctors, specialists, and hospitals close to campus and home.
- Worldwide coverage while studying abroad or on vacation.
- Coordination with the College’s Student Heath Service.
- Access to discounts for dental, eyewear, and fitness services.
If you currently have adequate health insurance, you can waive enrollment. Not all plans provide adequate coverage including some out-of-state Medicaid plans or certain HMOs and managed care plans. Be sure to check with your insurance company before waiving coverage.
Students who live beyond a 200-mile radius or who have restrictive out-of-state managed care insurance coverage or who anticipate participating in intercollegiate, club, or intramural sports programs are encouraged not to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Students who have an out of area HMO such as Kaiser Permanente should not waive coverage as those types of plans only provide coverage in the event of an emergency or in your home area.
International students cannot waive coverage unless they are currently enrolled in a plan of
comparable coverage through a U.S.-based insurance company.
Online Waiver Process -
- Go to www.universityhealthplans.com
- Click on Wellesley College
- Read through the information in order to determine if you qualify to waive
- Enter the waiver form with your Wellesley College email address and your Wellesley College ID number
- When waiving the insurance, have your current health insurance ID card ready as you will need this information in order to complete the waiver form
- Immediately upon submitting your online form you will receive a confirmation number. Please save this number and print a copy of your confirmation for your records.
- Student Financial Services will credit your student account for the insurance charge of $1,920.00.
The Annual Waiver Dealine is July 25, 2014.
If an online form is not completed by the deadline, you will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the student insurance plan for the Spring semester.
Tuition Refund Plan
The Tuition Refund Plan, sponsored by A.W.G. Dewar, Inc., is designed to protect the family from the loss of funds paid for tuition, fees, and room and board should the student find it necessary to withdraw due to medical reasons. The Plan complements the Wellesley College refund policy and covers not only payments made by the student or parent, but also any loans and grants received. The cost of the Plan is based on the amount of tuition and fees or tuition, fees, room and board. The 2014-2015 resident student option plan is $531.00 and the off-campus option is $406.00. You must enroll in the plan before the first day of classes for the semester.