The Albright Institute fosters an innovative approach to problem solving.
The Albright Institute at Wellesley brings a unique interdisciplinary advantage to the challenges we face in the world today. Each year, forty Wellesley students are chosen as Albright Fellows
and begin a transformative process that takes them from a Wellesley classroom where they learn from a series of distinguished faculty
during the Wintersession program
, to internship placements
at leading organizations around the world, and back to campus to reflect on and share their experiences during the Tanner Conference
As a living laboratory of the value and real-world application of the liberal arts disciplines, the Albright Institute fosters an innovative approach to problem solving through:
• Disciplined, well-informed thinking
• A deep-seated, authentic sense of civic obligation
• An appreciation for the challenges of complexity, and the willingness to go beyond one’s comfort zone
• The perspective and judgment that enhances effective decision making
• A commitment to open dialogue – and an open mind
For the women of Wellesley, the Institute is both an invitation and an extraordinary opportunity to equip themselves for the new, expanded roles they will play on the world stage. Now, more than ever, the world needs the honed skills, the unparalleled educational experience, and the unique understanding that women–Wellesley women–can bring to the international arena.