Membership & Policies
As part of the "Healthy You" initiative, membership at Keohane Sports Center is now free to all Wellesley College faculty, staff, and President's Club members.
- Free membership applies to immediate family only (employee's spouse or partner and dependent children age 22 and under).
- Extended family members and older off-spring must register as guests and be accompanied by a College employee or other Sports Center member (see below).Guest fee is $5/day.
Eligibility and Fees for other Qualified Groups
|Young Alum ('06-'11)||$100||$60|
Guest accompanied by Employee or Alumnae: $5/day.
- Click here for membership form. Please print it, complete it, and submit it at the Front Desk in the Sports Center. Hard copies are also available at the Front Desk.
- Locker Rental: $25/year Employee or Alumnae. Day use: no charge.
Keohane Sports Center Policies
All eligible Wellesley College employees, their spouses/partners, and children under 22 years of age are permitted to use the Keohane Sports Center (KSC) free of charge. This policy change (effective 2011-12 academic year) reflects the College’s commitment to employee well- being and the PERA Department’s commitment to providing additional opportunities for on-campus physical activity.
Consistent with the PERA Department’s mission and “students first” priority, facility availability will be largely determined by physical education classes, athletic practices and competitions, and recreational programming. Building hours of operation and facility schedules are posted on the Facilities page and updated regularly. Daily facility accessibility is also available by calling the Sports Center Hotline at x2018.
The following information is provided to assist all KSC users.
Hours of Operation
The KSC hours are posted on the website . Please note hours of operation are subject to change based on the needs of the College.
Cardio Corner and Spinning Room
The cardio machines in the Fieldhouse are available for use as long as the building is open. Please note that physical education classes have priority at certain times during the day.
- Appropriate attire is required. Shirts covering the midriff must be worn at all times.
- A water bottle is highly recommended for your comfort and safety.
- Free hand towels are available for use and also recommended. Please make sure to return the towel when you leave the area.
- Clean your machine after use.
- Spinning room users may not adjust the cycles other than handle bar height and seat height (no bringing your own pedals, seats, etc). Only gel pads are allowed.
- Special-effect lighting may be used at the discretion of the spinning instructor. Warning: If you have a health concern related to the lighting please let the instructor know prior to the start of class.
Pool schedule is posted on the website. Please note that pool availability is subject to change based on Departmental needs and staffing (lifeguards) availability.
**Children must be at least five years old to use the pool and an adult must accompany and supervise children at all times while they are in the pool.
The weightroom is open as long as the building is open. Certain times will be blocked off for physical education classes, so please consult the website on a regular basis.
The indoor track is open as long as the building is open. Certain times are blocked off for varsity practices. Please consult the website for updates.
Locker Room Procedures
All users have locker room access for changing and showering purposes. Lockers & locks may be rented for an additional charge of $25.00. Daily short-term use of a locker is permitted free of charge; inquire at the Front Desk for details. All locks on lockers MUST be issued by the Front Desk staff (exceptions to use a personal lock may be made on a case-by-case basis).
For a $5.00/person fee (payable at the Front Desk) KSC members may bring up to three guests at a time. KSC members must accompany their guests and are responsible for their behavior.
Users will be provided ONE TOWEL to use for showering purposes. If additional towels are needed, users may bring in their own towels to use.
Tennis Court Reservations
Reservations are on a first come, first served basis and may be made up to one week in advance by call 781.283.2019 or stopping by the Front Desk. Reserved court time is limited to one hour. Last minute Departmental programming may result in the cancellation of a reservation (you will be notified as much in advance if this happens).
- Children age six and older may NOT enter the lockerroom of the opposite gender.
- Members under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the building.
Personal trainers, fitness consultants, coaches, tennis/golf professionals, and other service providers other than Wellesley College coaches or student-athletes are NOT permitted to provide services, or solicit and conduct business in the Keohane Sports Center.
KSC membership does NOT include membership to the Nehoidan Golf Course. Members of the Wellesley College community may gain access to the course by paying additional fees. Please email or call Susan Chapski at 781.283.3398 (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).