PE Credit for Recreation and Club Activities
Students may earn PE credit for participating in college-sponsored recreational programs that include at least 10 hours of physically active, formal, progressive instruction under the guidance of a qualified instructor. This option is available to students only once during their Wellesley career, for a max of two credits, regardless of activity or the number of times a student participates. Participants on PERA-supported club sports may earn a max of four credits.
- Students may earn credit only for participation on an established dance or sport club. To be established, a club must be recognized by Student Involvement and College Government for at least three consecutive semesters before members are eligible for credit.
- To be eligible for credit, a students must complete the online club credit request form above. Students who request club credit after mid-semester or whose names appear on a club attendance sheet without prior contact will NOT earn credit.
- Students must participate in at least 10 hours of physical activity (i.e., practices and/or competitions) to earn credit.
- At the conclusion of the semester, the club president must submit an attendance log that includes all the students eligible for credit and the dates and lengths of the practices they attended. No attendance log = No credit for club members.
- PE credit for club activities is not awarded retroactively.
|Recreation programs for credit|
PERA-supported Clubs (4 cr max)
Certification Programs (2 cr max)
Student Orgs (2 cr max)
Recreation programs not for credit
|Walk-in recreation fitness classes
One-day recreation programs