Golf + Boathouse
Wellesley College recreational boating is open to all Wellesley College students/faculty/staff/alumni with a Wellesley ID. Participants need to sign a waiver and can take out canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, and sailboats. A light wind certification or approval from Wellesley sailing instructor is required to take out sailboats. One guest can be admitted per Wellesley ID.
Open Boathouse hours:
Tuesday & Thursday 2:00-5:00pm
*Boathouse is closed for the season. It will reopen the week of March 25, 2013.
Nehoiden Golf Club is a private 9 hole golf course owned by Wellesley College. Students must have basic golf knowledge before purchasing a student pass to play. All students who have completed a term or semester golf class are automatically eligible to purchase passes. If a student has had golf instruction in the past or has played golf with some proficiency they will be asked to sign a golf proficiency statement before purchasing passes.
- All players must have some golf proficiency for the safety and enjoyment of everyone.
- There is no golf shop at Nehoiden. Students must show their ID to the starter.
- There are no tee times. Please check the Nehoiden calendar for course hours.
- Rental clubs are available at the front desk of the sports center.
- It is mandatory that all players at Nehoiden abide by USGA and all local rules.
- Nehoiden is a spike-less facility; soft spiked golf shoes or tennis shoes are best.
- Preferred dress code is a collared shirt; no blue jeans, torn clothing, or flip flops.
- Please keep up with the group in front of you; pace of play is 2 hours for 9 holes.
- Do not play golf if there is lightning or flooding in the area.
- If you are playing slow, pick up your ball and move to the next shot or hole.
- Please respect the course by fixing ball marks, raking bunkers, and keeping golf bags off the greens.
- Excessive profanity, alcohol/drug use, or misconduct will result in removal from the course.