The climbing wall is closed Spring 2014 and Fall 2014 due to the Field House Renovation Project.
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED-All equipment provided *limited shoes so please bring your sneakers*
- You must be a member of the KSC to use the Climbing Wall.
- As a member you can bring up to 2 guests for $5 each.
- Alumnae can use the Wall during special events for free or $5 fee during open hours.
- Every climber must sign a waiver specific to the climbing wall.
- You must be 8 to use the climbing wall and 14 to take the belay class.
- In order to belay climbers must be trained through the Recreation or Physical Education Program.
- In order to belay, trained belayers must be on record with the Recreation program.
- Never place fingers, hands, or feet on the metal bolt hangers.
- Open toed shoes are not allowed. Climbing shoes or sneakers must be worn.
- No chewing gum or food of any type in the climbing area.
- No loose chalk.
- Climbing commands must be used at all times.
- Personal harness and shoes can be used at your own risk. Helmets are required under the age of 18 and strongly recommended for all climbers.
- Climbers may only belay with a tubular belay or GriGri.
- Staff has the right to enforce additional rules.
- Anyone using the Wellesley College Climbing Wall must go through an orientation.
- Orientations sessions are available during scheduled times or as staffing permits during recreational hours.
- Anyone wanting to belay must successfully complete the belay card.
- Belay instruction is available during scheduled times or as staffing permits during recreational hours.