CSI: Cerebral Science Investigations
Cerebral Science Investigators
Cerebral Science Investigators was initiated by Maggie Blattner ('07) who carried out neuroscience activities with children. The program was expanded to include any and all other science disciplines like biology, chemistry, geology and astronomy and activities are designed to encourage making neural connections as kids think about the meaning of each activity and how they are connected. The program is designed for children K-5 and is led by Wellesley College students.
Topics and Student Coordinators in 2012-2013 included:
- Light and Colors Becca McClain '13 November 3, 2012
- Crystals Emilyrose Havrilla '15 November 10, 2012
- Cooking with Chemistry Elizabeth Silvers '14 November 17, 2012
- The Microscopic World Jennifer Fishbein '13 March 9, 2013
- Gases Carley Allen '15 April 6, 2013
- Sizing up the Nanoworld Becca McClain '13 April 13, 2013
CSI is held on 3-4 Saturday mornings per semester from 10 AM-12 PM inthe Wellesley College Science Center. For information on CSI for the 2013-2014 academic year, please contact Donna Trainor.