Connecting to Discoverer Viewer
Authenticate to the firewall:
It is required that you stay connected to the firewall while you are using Banner.
Most campus computers have a desktop icon called “Admin Firewall” .
- If you have the Admin Firewall icon on your desktop, double-click it.
- PC users: If the Admin Firewall shortcut is not on your desktop, go to Start > All Programs > Cisco System VPN Client and click VPN Client.
- Mac users: Launch the Admin Firewall by clicking on the icon in the Dock, or by going to Go > Applications and double-clicking on VPN Client. (NOTE: the screenshots below are from the PC application, but the Mac version will look very similar and will function identically.)
- Note: If you do not have the Cisco VPN Client installed on your computer, please follow these installation instructions from LTS.
- Enter your Username and Password in the appropriate fields as prompted.
- Select “OK”
- Once the Authentication is complete, the window will disappear and you will see the icon in your Taskbar. If the icon is “open” then you are disconnected from the firewall. You must be logged into the Firewall in order to access Discoverer.
Log on to Discoverer:
- Log into MyWellesley using your Domain User ID and Password.
- Select the tab at the top of your screen.
- Locate the Budget Reporting Channel and click on the Discoverer Viewer or Discoverer Plus button to launch the application.
- The portal will bring you directly into the Finance Database and display the budget reports you have access to.
To Run Discoverer Reports:
- From the Worksheet List, locate the name of the Workbook you want to run (A list of Budget Reports and descriptions are available to help you run the appropriate report for your needs).
- To view the workbook report options click on the triangle and select either "Expense Only" or "With Revenue" to run the report.
- You will then be prompted to enter report Parameters. After you have populated the required fields, Click on the Go button to run and view the report.
- If you selected "Expense Only" and would like to re-run the report to include Revenue (or vice-versa), you can select "With Revenue" on the Worksheets menu located in the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- For further information to download the report to an Excel or PDF file, please refer to the Discoverer Documenation.