- Which fellowship is right for you? Peruse this list of award opportunities to learn what awards are out there and find the fellowship that fits you best.
- Come visit! Whether you’re unsure of where to begin, want to learn about the requirements for a particular award or putting the final touches on an application essay, our Program Director for Fellowships, Kate Dailinger, is here to help. Schedule an appointment today through Handshake.
- Review the websites for the awards that excite you to learn about the application process, gain advice and read about past winners.
- Talk with your faculty, mentors and friends. Brainstorming is often best when done out loud.
- Start early! Students interested in nomination for a fellowship should begin to plan for their application weeks ahead of the campus deadline. Check out our calendar to make sure you’re on track.
"The Truman Scholarship has so deeply helped me to take a hard look at myself and what kind of public servant I want to be. Although the application process was grueling (particularly the interview), it was an invaluable exercise in stick-to-itiveness, and along the way I've found a group of bright, driven, and hilarious service-oriented friends" - Katelyn Campbell ‘17, 2016 Truman Scholar