Fiscal Year-End Reporting
Due to the timing of the annual external audit, year end reporting timeframes and procedures are modified from the regular monthly closing process.
Reports and On-line Query Information
- End-users have access to on-line Banner information regarding their budget and expenses. Those with on-line access may look up budget vs. actual information at any time.
- The Controller’s Office staff will post a message on First Class in Faculty/Staff to inform users of the preliminary year-end closing date. When you see this message, you may print out departmental reports for June fiscal year end preliminary close.
- Carefully review these reports and note any discrepancies or adjustments that need to be made.
- Send in correcting journal entries promptly, or contact the Controller’s Office for consultation.
- Final reports will be accessible as soon as the external auditors perform their review and final statements have been prepared.
- Actual expense information for the new fiscal year will be available for budget viewers via on-line query forms. New fiscal year budget data will be entered into Banner as soon as possible after July 1st.