- Accounts Payable
- General Accounting
- Sponsored Programs
Paying Vendor Invoice
All purchases must follow the Purchasing Office guidelines. Please see the Purchasing Office website for more information.
Payment terms for all vendors are net 30 days unless approved by the Controller.
Per IRS requirements, certain vendor information must be provided before an invoice may be processed. All invoices must be approved by an authorized individual. If the invoice is to be charged to a grant or contract provided by a sponsor external to the College, the invoice must also be approved the Associate Controller of Sponsored Research.
Information on new vendors should be entered on the New Vendor Form. Please have the vendor complete this form and forward it to Accounts Payable for processing.
Upon receipt of a vendor invoice, the authorized individual should:
- Review the invoice for accuracy.
- Check to see that the invoice was not previously approved.
- Use the Controller’s Office standard stamp or label for approving invoices. Stamps may be ordered through the Accounts Payable department. The label template may be downloaded. The following information is required on the stamp or label :
- Fill in the complete FOAPAL with the required information on fund, org, account, and program.
- Sign the invoice indicating approval for payment.
- For all invoices that do not have a purchase order, the authorized signer must check off one of the statements indicating the reason that a purchase order was not obtained.
- Forward to Accounts Payable for processing.
Please allow 7-10 business days for invoice processing.
Please note that original invoices are required in order to prevent duplicate payments. However, if a photocopy or fax copy of an invoice is used, you must mark on the copy “USE AS ORIGINAL” indicating that you have not forwarded the original for payment.