2016 W-2s will be in Banner Self-Service

2017 W-2s will be in Workday


W-2s Online!

Signup for it today.

It is recommended that you consent to obtain your own W-2 through Banner self-service. If you consent to receive the W-2 electronically, you can easily view and print your own W-2 online the moment they are ready.  No need to wait for the paper to be processed and mailed to you.  

Set your consent today:
MyWellesley> Employee/Faculty Services Tab> Banner Self-Service > Employee Services > Tax Forms > W-2 Consent
Check the My Choice box and click Submit button.

That easy!  Save a tree, save postage, and do it today.


2015 Details

The official 2015 W-2 will be mailed out the last week of January 2016 to all employees who did not sign the electronic W-2 consent form. Your official W-2 was sent to your mailing address in Banner. 

You can view your W-2 information on the MyWellesley Portal using the following instructions:
  1. Login to MyWellesley with your Domain Username and Password,
  2. Go to the Employment Services Tab
  3. In the center column, click on Banner Self-Service
  4. Click on Employee Services
  5. Click on W-2 Consent
  6. If you have not already done so, click on consent to receive W-2 electronically
  7. Click on Return to Tax Forms Menu
  8. Click on W-2 Year End Earnings Statement
  9. Select the tax year and click on display
  10. You should now be able to view your W-2
  11. To print your W-2, scroll down and click on Printable W-2 bar

Note that the above will provide you with information about your W-2. This is not the official version for tax filings.  If you have not received your W-2 in the mail by February 1, OR need an official version printed for tax filings, please email Payroll_Office@wellesley.edu with the following information.

  • Banner ID
  • Full Name
  • Current Address

Please note: W-2s will be printed and ready for pick-up on the day after you submit your request.  Office hours for W2 pickup is Monday-Thursday, 2:30-4:30, at the Payroll Office, grh150.

If you have other questions, please call the Payroll Office at 781.283.2797, or email Payroll_Office@wellesley.edu.


Frequently asked questions on form W-2:

Q: What if my personal contact information has changed and needs to be updated?
Faculty and Staff: Corrections to addresses must go through the Human Resources Office (click here).
Students: Changes to addresses must go through the Registrar's Office (click here).
Q: Why is my taxable income different than the year-to-date income on my pay stub?
For most employees, your federal and state taxable income (Box 1 and 17) are determined by taking your gross income and subtracting your pre-tax deductions (health, dental, dependent care, medical, and SRA) and adding your imputed income i.e. life insurance coverage reported in Box 12C of your W2.
Q: Why are Medicare wages different than my federal taxable income?
SRA deductions are subject to Medicare taxes. Therefore, you need to add your SRA deduction back to your federal taxable income to arrive at Medicare wages.
Q: Why are Social security wages different than my Medicare wages?
The social security wage base for 2012 is $110,100. If your Medicare Wages are higher than $110,100 your social security wage will be limited to $110,100.
Q: What is the amount under Box 12a, Code C for?
The amount in Box 12, Code C represents imputed taxable income for the cost of group-term life insurance over $50,000. This amount is required by the IRS to be included in Box 1, 3, and 5 of your W2.
Q: What is the amount under Box 12, Code DD for?
The amount in Box 12, Code DD represents the cost of employer-sponsored health coverage. The amount reported with code DD is not taxable. Additional reporting guidance, including information about the transitional reporting rules that apply, is available on the Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions page of IRS.gov.
Q: What tax returns do I have to file and when are they due?
For helpful information on federal taxes, please use the following links: