photo of Lake Waban by Andrea Verdelli
The Stone Center Counseling Service fosters student's psychological resiliency and capacity to change. We support students by working collaboratively and relationally, being mindful of their diverse needs and backgrounds, encouraging self-reflection and self-acceptance. We offer students a continuum of counseling services that promote wellness, balance, acceptance of self, and connection to others. We provide an array of developmental and mental health services and build partnerships to raise awareness and educate about emotional well-being.
We train and supervise graduate students in the field of college mental health. We take a multidisciplinary, feminist approach, informed by the Relational Cultural Theory as well as other theories and techniques.
- Individual and group counseling and psychotherapy
- Education, training and outreach
- Consultation and advocacy
- Crisis management, emergency services and intervention
- Training and supervision for graduate students in the field of mental health