Join the Center for Work and Service in their ongoing support for rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina with:
Habitat for Humanity – New Orleans, LA
Monday, January 21, 2013 -
Sunday, January 27, 2013
The Center for Work and Service will be working with New Orleans Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans, Louisiana. Up to eighteen members of the college will be selected for this project which is open to first-years, sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
To apply for the January 2014 Habitat Trip, students should submit the following, in one word document via MyCWS. Application due date: TBA.
- Name, Class Year, Banner ID, Wellesley Campus Mailbox number, cell phone number
- Tell us if you've ever participated in a Habitat project or have construction skills
- For sophomores, juniors and seniors, have you ever participated in an off-campus program funded by Wellesley College?
- Write a brief 1-2 paragraph essay explaining your interest in participating in the 2013 Habitat Trip.
- Students needing financial assistance to cover the cost of the trip may apply for additional funding by including an essay and budget that outlines financial need. Please state why financial assistance is needed and the amount requested (include airfare, public transportation and additional anticipated costs). Note that students typically fly from their Wintersession location to New Orleans to start the trip and from New Orleans to Boston at the end of the trip. The CWS covers the cost of lodging and meals, with the exception of Friday night dinner in New Orleans.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please submit the application to MyCWS Schedule TBA. (Note: the completed application should be uploaded in the "Applications" category in MyCWS).