- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Wellesley Alumnae Network on LinkedIn
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Tanner Conference
- Wellesley College Alumnae Association
Formatting Your Cover Letter
Keep the following in mind as you format your cover letter:
- Your letter should not exceed one page in length (three-four paragraphs). Use a standard font such as Times New Roman or Arial at a 10- or 12-point font size; margins should be one-inch on each side.
- Address your letter to a specific individual. Use the company website, LinkedIn, or Google to determine the appropriate individual and verify the person’s gender. If you cannot determine to whom the letter should be addressed or the correct gender, call the organization and ask the receptionist to provide you with that information. If you absolutely cannot determine the correct contact, address the person by title (e.g., “Dear Director of College Relations”).
- Letters to prospective employers are business communications, and should follow the business letter block style shown below.
Sample cover letter:
Your street address
Ms./Mr. with full name
Dear Ms./Mr. with last name: