Before you start writing your resume,
brainstorm all the work, volunteer, and extra
curricular experiences you’ve had.
Make a list of:
- jobs and employment of all types (salaried, grant-funded, unpaid, summer, temporary, part-time, etc.).
- internships and training programs with companies, organizations, or schools.
- college courses, training seminars, or academic conferences.
- professional associations, societies, awards, grants, and fellowships.
- volunteer or community service experiences.
- experiences leading religious, political, or other interest groups.
- campus activities such as participation in sports teams, musical ensembles, and cultural/ethnic groups.
- contribution(s) to publications.
- computer skills.
- international language abilities.
- relevant international travel.
- hobbies that are related to your career field.
- unusual or unique experiences that may catch the reader's eye.