- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Wellesley Alumnae Network on LinkedIn
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Tanner Conference
- Wellesley College Alumnae Association
Davis Projects for Peace
Projects for Peace is an initiative, funded by Kathryn Wasserman Davis '28, for a student (or group of students) to design grassroots projects over the summer.
These projects will promote peace and address the root causes of conflicts between parties. This initiative hopes to encourage student initiative, innovation, and entrepreneurship that focuses on conflict prevention, resolution, and/or reconcilitation. Applicants are encouraged to be creative and employ innovative techniques to engage project participants in building understanding and breaking down barriers.
Deadline & Award
12:00 pm EST on Monday January 13, 2014. Projects will be selected for funding at $10,000 each.
- All currently enrolled Wellesley College students (including seniors who will complete the projects after graduation) are eligible.
- Groups of students, as well as individual students, may submit proposals.
- Projects with budgets larger than $10,000 are welcome and can apply for/receive co-funding from other sources.
- Proposals should include pre-approval of all involved parties and organizations involved in the project.
Students must submit the following to MyCWS schedule 1047: Davis Projects for Peace
1. A written statement (two pages) uploaded as “Writing Sample #1” that includes the following:
- description of the project (who, what, where, how)
- expected outcomes and prospects for future impact
- a heading that states Wellesley College (participating institution), name of all student participants, title of project, and country where the project will be performed
2. A budget (one page) uploaded as “Application”
3. A one page resume
4. An unofficial transcript from BANNER uploaded as a .PDF
Please visit http://www.davisprojectsforpeace.org/ for past projects and additional guidelines.
For more information, please contact the Center for Work and Service.