- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Wellesley Alumnae Network on LinkedIn
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Tanner Conference
- Wellesley College Alumnae Association
Global Engagement Additional Details
Global Engagement Internships
Global Engagement Internships are funded internships with organizations identified by the CWS. These organizations are leading cultural, educational, and scientific institutions; media outlets; advocacy and community agencies; and businesses both within the U.S. and around the world. Students from the US may not apply to sites in their home city/greater metro area and international students may not apply to sites in their home country.
Global Engagement Advanced Projects
Advanced Projects are funded internships with organizations identified by the CWS that require a specific skill set (e.g., language, technical ability, art portfolio, etc.). These internships require a higher level of initiative, autonomy, and/or project proposals at the beginning of the internship. Internships that are part of this program typically include positions at international agencies and organizations that mentor students with a specific major/academic background. Students from the US may not apply to sites in their home city/greater metro area and international students may not apply to sites in their home country.
Global Engagement Grants
Global Engagement Grants provide funding for unpaid internships that students identify and develop on their own. Students apply to up to five organizations of their choice, usually connected by a common theme in their grant application (i.e., health, education), and inform the CWS of their final decision. Many award recipients pursue internships in nonprofit organizations focused on education, microfinance, and/or environmental issues, but funding is also available for opportunities in other sectors. The CWS does not fund unpaid internships at for-profit organizations, and grants may not be used for work on political campaigns or to pay for program fees associated with an internship program.
Global Engagement Grants Application
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit required Supplemental Form. *****Visit the link to complete the supplemental form online: http://bit.ly/1Cu9qnA
2. Register with MyCWS and upload the following application materials to the MyCWS Schedule number 1339.
3. Upload your Resume on MyCWS
4. Upload your Unofficial Transcript from Banner.
5. Upload your essay responses to Writing Sample #1. Please respond to EACH of the following short essay prompts (word limits are indicated):
a. Explain the common theme that makes the group of organizations a good fit for your long-term professional/personal/academic aspirations. (350 words max)
b. Describe your prior experiences and the attributes that will make you successful in your internship placement. (350 words max)
c. How/what do you hope to contribute to the organizations? (350 words max)
Deadline is March 2nd at NOON.