- CWS (Old)
- Health Professions
- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Center for Work & Service (CWS)
Women in Government
Women in Government Grants
Through the generosity of the Class of 1962 and the O’Meara family, students may apply for funding to support work with a female elected official at the local, state, or national level. The student must be working directly with a woman involved in any aspect of state or local government in the United States. The grant enables the student to take an unpaid internship and learn more about state or local government and the important role that women play in the governmental process. Students may not use the funding for work on election campaigns.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete and submit the required Supplemental Form via the following link: https://goo.gl/Io4JKX
(Please note: You must be logged in with your Wellesley ID to access form)
2. Register with MyCWS and upload the following application materials to the MyCWS Schedule No. 1639.
3. Upload your Resume on MyCWS
4.Upload your Unofficial Transcript (.pdf format) from Banner.
5. Upload your Cover Letter addressed to CWS Selection Committee. Please include your response to EACH of the following prompts on your one page cover letter:
a. Describe the organization where you will be working.
b. Explain the responsibilities of the intern.
c. Outline relevant experiences that will help you be successful in this role.
d. Describe how the internship fits into your professional, personal, and academic goals.
e. Explain how the grant will positively impact your personal and professional growth.
Deadline: March 1, 2016 at NOON EST