- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Wellesley Alumnae Network on LinkedIn
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Tanner Conference
- Wellesley College Alumnae Association
MacFarquhar International Journalism Grant
The Emily Cohen MacFarquhar '59 Internship for International Journalism was established to encourage and support Wellesley College students with a demonstrated interest in journalism or photojournalism. This stipend will provide the recipients with the opportunity to learn about journalism through an internship at an international news organization, and/or to travel in order to independently document a culture outside of the United States. (Note: This internship does not apply to creative writing.)
Grant recipients may conduct a 350-hour summer internship at an international news organization OR conduct a self-designed project that documents a culture that is entirely new to them.
For your application, please submit the following to MyCWS schedule:
- 1 page resume
- 1000 word essay (uploaded to writing sample section)
- unofficial transcript from BANNER - electronic supplemental form (link located in the application instructions section in the appropriate schedule)
1. The 1,000 word essay (upload to the cover letter section of MyCWS) should address the following:
- Describe your plan and goals for the summer. If you are pursuing an internship, outline the
prospective organization and your duties. If you are conducting an independent project, explain
what you will accomplish and how. Include a basic timeline.
- Explain why the internship or project is important to you.
- Explain why you want to gain exposure to the host country.
2. Electronic supplemental form (link located in the "application instructions" section of the MyCWS schedule
3. Two to three writing samples or samples of your photography scanned and combined into ONE document (upload as Writing Samples #1). Published work is preferred, but not required
4. Recommendation letter emailed directly to Beth Robichaud (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 10, 2014
5. Optional - Confirmation letter from host organization (if applicable)