- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Wellesley Alumnae Network on LinkedIn
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Tanner Conference
- Wellesley College Alumnae Association
MacFarquhar International Journalism Grant
The Emily Cohen MacFarquhar '59 Internship for International Journalism was established to encourage and support Wellesley College students with a demonstrated interest in journalism or photojournalism. This stipend will provide the recipients with the opportunity to learn about journalism through an internship at an international news organization, and/or to travel in order to independently document a culture outside of the United States. (Note: This internship does not apply to creative writing.)
Grant recipients may conduct a 350-hour summer internship at an international news organization OR conduct a self-designed project that documents a culture that is entirely new to them.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit required Supplemental Form. *****Visit the link to complete the supplemental form online: http://bit.ly/1Cu9qnA
2. Register with MyCWS and upload the following application materials to schedule 1342.
3. Upload your Resume on MyCWS
4. Upload your Unofficial Transcript from Banner to MyCWS
5. Upload two to three writing samples or samples of your photography scanned and combined into ONE document (upload as Writing Samples #1). Published work is preferred, but not required
6. Upload your proposal of approximately 1000 words (upload as Cover Letter) When submitting your proposal, please be sure to answer these questions:
- Describe your plan and goals for the summer. If you are pursuing an internship, outline the prospective organization and your duties. If you are conducting an independent project, explain what you will accomplish and how. Include a basic timeline.
- Explain why the internship or project is important to you.
- Explain why you want to gain exposure to the host country.
7. An itemized budget of your estimated expenses for the duration of the summer (transportation, housing, living expenses, and supplies). Please upload as Writing Sample #2.
8. Recommendation letter emailed directly to email@example.com by March 2, 2015
9. Optional - Confirmation letter from host organization (if applicable)
Due 12:00pm NOON EST (Boston Time) March 2nd, 2015.