- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- W Network
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Tanner Conference
Summer Internships in Psychology
The Summer Internship in Psychology Program was developed in order to give students the opportunity to gain valuable summer clinical experience to help them make informed career choices.
Working at Riverside Community Care (in Needham, Newton and Norwood, MA) and Walker School (Needham, MA), students increase their understanding of the bio-psycho-social model of mental disorders. Interns develop a deeper appreciation of the complex interface between genetic make-up, psychological coping strategies, and the larger socio-cultural forces determining how individuals negotiate the vicissitudes of life.
2013 Internship Dates: TBA
In order to participate in the program, students are required to:
• Work a total of 40 hours a week;
• Live together at Wellesley College for the duration of their internship;
• Attend weekly meetings and seminars;
• Complete all required reports, projects, and readings.
• Attend mandatory orientation meetings sponsored by the CWS;
• Return all student contracts and paperwork as required by the CWS;
• Participate in the Tanner Conference.
Please apply through MyCWS Schedule TBA. Resume, transcript, and application form (with essay) required for application. Application form available here.
Deadline to apply: Friday, March 1, 2013 at NOON.
*(Summer is defined as the period between the end of Wellesley classes in May and the start of classes in September.)