- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- Wellesley Alumnae Network on LinkedIn
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Tanner Conference
- Wellesley College Alumnae Association
Summer Internships in Psychology
The Summer Internship in Psychology Program was developed in order to give students the opportunity to gain valuable summer clinical experience to help them make informed career choices.
Working at Riverside Community Care (in Needham, Newton and Norwood, MA) and Walker School (Needham, MA), students increase their understanding of the bio-psycho-social model of mental disorders. Interns develop a deeper appreciation of the complex interface between genetic make-up, psychological coping strategies, and the larger socio-cultural forces determining how individuals negotiate the vicissitudes of life.
2014 Internship Dates: TBD, mid-June to mid-to-late August
In order to participate in the program, students are required to:
• Work a total of 40 hours a week;
• Live together at Wellesley College for the duration of their internship;
• Attend weekly meetings and seminars;
• Complete all required reports, projects, and readings.
• Attend mandatory orientation meetings sponsored by the CWS;
• Return all student contracts and paperwork as required by the CWS;
• Participate in the Tanner Conference.
Riverside applicants are required to have a current U.S. driver's license. At least one intern in the Walker Program must hold a current U.S. driver's license.
Please submit the following to schedule # 1104 in MyCWS by Monday, March 10, 2014 at Noon EST (Boston time):
- 1,000 word essay (uploaded to Writing Sample #1 section) in one Word document with your name, campus mailbox and Banner ID number at the top of each page. Questions listed below.
- One page resume
- Electronic Supplemental Form (link also located under application schedule):
- Unofficial transcript from BANNER
Please address all of the following questions in 1,000 words or less (note: NOT a letter format):
1. Why would you like to participate in the Summer Internships in Psychology Program? Please discuss specific qualifications that make you a match (e.g. academics, language fluency, past experiences) for the Walker and Riverside programs.
2. How/What do you hope to contribute to your placement host.
3. How will this internship will shape your Wellesley experience and future career path.
Deadline to apply:March 10, 2014 at NOON.
*(Summer is defined as the period between the end of Wellesley classes in May and the start of classes in September.)