- CWS (Old)
- Health Professions
- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Center for Work & Service (CWS)
Summer Internships in Psychology
The Summer Internship in Psychology Program was developed in order to give students the opportunity to gain valuable summer clinical experience to help them make informed career choices.
Working at Riverside Community Care (in Needham, Newton and Norwood, MA) and Walker School (Needham, MA), students increase their understanding of the bio-psycho-social model of mental disorders. Interns develop a deeper appreciation of the complex interface between genetic make-up, psychological coping strategies, and the larger socio-cultural forces determining how individuals negotiate the vicissitudes of life.
2016 Internship Dates: TBD, mid-June to mid-to-late August
In order to participate in the program, students are required to:
• Work a total of 40 hours a week;
• Live together at Wellesley College for the duration of their internship;
• Attend weekly meetings and seminars;
• Complete all required reports, projects, and readings.
• Attend mandatory orientation meetings sponsored by the CWS;
• Return all student contracts and paperwork as required by the CWS;
• Participate in the Tanner Conference.
Riverside applicants are required to have a current U.S. driver's license. At least one intern in the Walker Program must hold a current U.S. driver's license.
Application Deadline is March 1st at Noon EST.
1. Submit the program supplemental form online here: http://bit.ly/1MFddql
2. Submit the following documentation on MyCWS Schedule number 1637:
- Transcript (unofficial from Banner)
- Writen Essay addressing the following questions in a 1000 words or less:
a. Why would you like to participate in the Summer Internships in Psychology Program? Please discuss specific qualifications that make you a match (e.g. academics, language fluency, past experiences) for the Walker and Riverside programs.
b. How/What do you hope to contribute to your placement host.
c. How will this internship will shape your Wellesley experience and future career path.
Deadline to apply: March 1, 2016 at NOON EST.