Important Alternative Break Dates
- The 2015 Spring Break Participant Application deadline has been extended to Monday, November 10th at 5:00 PM. The Cass Community Social Service schedule number in MyCWS is #1236. The Farm Alliance of Baltimore City schedule number is MyCWS is #1248.
Alternative Break Application Information
For each application, please submit the following to the appropriate schedule in MyCWS:
2015 Spring Break Participant Application schedule #s: 1236 (Cass Community Social Services) 1248 (The Farm Alliance of Baltimore City)
- Short essay responses, 100-200 words each (this will go in the writing sample section) in one Word document with your name, campus mailbox and Banner ID number at the top of each page. Questions listed below.
- One page resume
- Electronic Supplemental Form: link located in the application instructions section in the appropriate schedule
- Optional: Students who need financial assistance may apply for additional funding by including an essay and budget with their short essay responses uploaded to the writing sample #2 tab in MyCWS that outlines their financial need (please title document Alternative Break Financial Assistance Supplement). Please state why financial assistance is needed and the amount requested (include airfare, public transportation and additional anticipated costs).
Note: For the short answer essay responses applicants must respond to all of the questions below. Applicants must write at least 100 and no more than 200 word responses to EACH question.
1. Why do you want to participate in an alternative break? What motivates you to give back to your community?
2. Please describe your previous service experience or community engagement.
3. Please indicate which trip you are most interested in, and why? If possible, please elaborate on any existing knowledge or experience you have concerning the social justice issue of your preferred trip. Note: If it is totally new to you, it is completely acceptable to say so.
4. What are your other commitments both academic (i.e. I am taking 2 labs or I am writing a thesis) and extracurricular (i.e. I am on the Eboard of the Tupelos)?
Due at 5:00 PM on Monday, November 10, 2014