- CWS (Old)
- Health Professions
- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- Service 101
- Wellesley Service Groups
- Wellesley-sponsored funding
- Alternative Breaks
- Nonprofit Sector Career Resources
- Year of Service
- Day to Make a Difference
- What Wellesley Graduates Do
- Diversity Resources
- Online Workshops
- Alumnae Advice Video Series
- CWS Social Media Policy
- Graduate School Representatives
- Center for Work & Service (CWS)
Important Dates and Application Information
Important Alternative Break Dates
- The 2016 Wintersession application is closed.
- The Center for Work Service is unable to offer Alternative Spring Break trips for spring 2016. If you are interested in doing service over the 2016 spring break we encourage you to apply for a spring break travel grant (https://www.wellesley.edu/
cws/serves/funding/ CWStravelgrants). Please check the Alternative Breaks website later this semester to learn about ways to get involved with the program in the future.
Alternative Break Application Information
For each application, please submit the following to the appropriate schedule in MyCWS:
- Short essay responses, 100-250 words each (this will go in the writing sample section) in one Word document with your name, campus mailbox and Banner ID number at the top of each page. Questions listed below.
- One page resume
- Electronic Supplemental Form: link located in the application instructions section in the appropriate schedule
- Optional: Students who need financial assistance may apply for additional funding by including an essay and budget with their short essay responses uploaded to the writing sample #2 tab in MyCWS that outlines their financial need (please title document 2016 Wintersession Alternative Break Financial Assistance Supplement). Please state why financial assistance is needed and the amount requested (include airfare, public transportation and additional anticipated costs).
Note: For the short answer essay responses applicants must respond to all of the questions below. Applicants must write at least 100 and no more than 250 word responses to EACH question.
- Why do you want to participate in an alternative break, and motivates you to give back to your community? How would participating in Alternative Breaks further enhance that motivation?
- Please describe your previous service experience or community engagement.
- Please tell us about and accomplishment you are proud of.
- Please indicate which trip you are most interested in, and why? If possible, please elaborate on any existing knowledge or experience you have concerning the social justice issue of your preferred trip.
- What are your other commitments both academic and extracurricular?