- Who We Are
- Where to Start
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate and Professional School
- Job Search Essentials
- Wellesley Serves!
- W Network
- Diversity Resources
- Tanner Conference
The Center for Work and Service has three six-passenger mini vans as well as Zipcars available for the express purpose of transporting students to community service sites. Only authorized Wellesley College students and employees are allowed to drive the vehicles. The vans and Zipcars are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How to reserve a Van or Zipcar:
- Determine the exact dates and times of your community service project.
- Coordinate with all other WC students going to the site to take a van or Zipcar together.
- The designated driver is required to fill out the CWS Transportation Form a minimum of two weeks prior to the project date. Please make sure to read the top section of the form carefully.
- Once the form is submitted, CWS will send you an email approving or denying your request. If there are no vans available for your requested time we may approve you for a Zipcar.
- You will be sent the link to the CWS Transportation CALENDAR. Open the schedule to see your confirmed date, time, and van number approved for you.
- Print this as a “reservation slip” and present to the Campus Police along with your valid driver’s license. Campus Police will not give out the van keys without a hardcopy of the reservation slip.
- Make sure the car has at least ¼ of a tank of gas both before you leave and on your return. You may fill up at Motorpool for free or if closed, go to a gas station and bring your receipt to CWS.
- If the vans are not available we will contact you via email to inform you if you are authorized by CWS to use a Zipcar funded through our department’s Zipcar account. CWS will only fund Zipcars to approved community service projects, to use a Zipcar for any other reason you are required to open a personal Zipcar account to use at your own expense.
- Zipcar request for students who already have personal accounts and need to join the CWS account, log on to your personal account and then complete an application to join the CWS account. *Zipcar web is currently undergoing intense renovations, so if for some reason that link does not work, please email Chris Franzen directly at email@example.com with full name and zip card to be placed onto the account manually.
- Anyone who is already on the CWS account, and wants to open a personal account needs to log in and complete the application.