Purchase Dolci Tickets Here | Open to the Public | Tuesday - Sunday | 11 - 5
All works of art in the Museum’s permanent galleries and in some exhibitions may be sketched or copied, for personal use. The following rules apply to sketching or copying:
- Sketching is permitted using graphite pencils or colored pencils. Liquids, oils, inks, waxes or anything that gives off dust such as pastels or charcoal are not allowed.
- All sketching must be done at least 4 feet away from art objects.
- Size of sketchpad may not exceed 16 x 20 inches.
- Portfolios, containers, and large bags are not permitted in the galleries and must be checked at the Information Desk.
- Sketching while sitting on the floor or on a portable stool is permitted. Easels and other additional equipment (i.e. lights, ladders, extension cords) are not permitted.
Due care must be taken to prevent the blocking of aisles and doorways. Artists should not overly obstruct the view of any works of art and must cooperate with Museum Security if asked to move.
Groups and classes must make appointments in advance, and any questions regarding specific needs or a project should be directed to the Security Manager’s office (781-283-2080).