The Davis Museum seeks applications for student-designed programs that relate directly to the Museum’s collections and exhibitions. Please see the Davis website for information about what’s on view. Programs and activities should take place in the Museum during open hours and offer meaningful engagement for students.
The goals of this fund, supported by Friends of Art, are to encourage student participation at the Davis Museum and to engage students as leaders in the creation of museum programming. All members of the Wellesley College student body may apply. Co-sponsorship with other campus organizations and departments is strongly encouraged. Selected program proposals may receive up to $500 in funding.
Successful applications will feature programs that:
- Increase student exposure to art at the Davis, including the permanent collections and/or special exhibitions.
- Encourage critical thinking and campus dialogue
- Include a student-driven promotions strategy
- Are feasible for Davis operations, taking into consideration open hours, collections care and management, security, safety, and space restrictions
- Are free of charge and open to the entire student body
- Complete the included application form
- Attach a program abstract (max 500 words) that addresses the following:
- Program goals
- Overview of the event/activity/program and its connection to the Davis
- Benefits to the campus community
- Connections to other organizations/departments/series on campus
- Promotions strategy
- Attach b
Applications are due by 5:00pm on Friday, October 10, 2014.
For questions or to submit your application, please email Liz Gardner, Public and Interpretive Programs Specialist at email@example.com