The Davis seeks applications to the Friends of Art Student Initiative Program Fund for exciting, inventive, and energetic student-designed programs that relate directly to the Davis’s collections and special exhibitions. Proposed programs and activities should take place at the Davis or in the Collins Cinema during regular hours and must encourage meaningful and enthusiastic engagement with the Museum.
The mission of the Davis includes enhancing the life of Wellesley College and supporting critical thinking, new ideas, and interdisciplinary connections. While the Davis organizes programs intended to engage communities on campus and beyond, we are pleased to also offer this exciting opportunity for students to create their own Museum-based programming.
The Friends of Art Student Initiative Program Fund encourages student participation at the Davis and invites student leaders to create new museum programming. All members of the Wellesley College student body are eligible to apply.
Successful applications will feature events that:
- Increase student exposure to art at the Davis. This might include inventive ways to consider, and access, the permanent collection, temporary installations, or special exhibitions
- Increase critical thinking and interdisciplinary dialogue on campus
- Include a student-implemented promotions strategy
- Meet all Davis operations requirements in terms of open hours, collections safety, museum security, and space considerations
- Are free of charge and open to the entire student body
- Faculty Advisor strongly preferred; Davis Curatorial Staff Advisor required
- Co-sponsorship from other departments or organizations strongly preferred
Application Deadline: ROLLING
Contact/Questions/Application: Email inquiries to Kelly Chilson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funds for this program are generously provided by the Wellesley College Friends of Art.