Setting down strong roots for your academic career is an important part of the orientation experience.
Most entering students will be pre-registered for First Year Writing courses and First Year Seminars over the summer and will register for their remaining fall classes on Tuesday, August 30. To get ready, take some time this summer to review the information linked below, which will guide you through Wellesley's basic degree requirements, academic policies and practices, and advising programs. You will also find some good advice for making promising choices for your first semester.
Courses and Registration
- Registering for Fall Classes
- Selecting and Pre-Registering for First-Year Writing Courses
- How to Use the Course Catalog (including academic rules and requirements)
- Course Placement and Selection
- Placement Exams
- First-Year Seminars and Other Courses Especially for First-Year Students
- Distribution Requirements
- Getting Started in Math and Science
- Studying a Language at Wellesley
- Performing, Studying, and Enjoying Music
- Physical Education Requirements and Registration
- Using AP/IB Credits at Wellesley