Want to get online fast when you arrive?
- Make sure your computer meets the specifications in our purchasing guide.
- Running Windows? Now - and just before you pack for campus:
- Set up antivirus software and run updates often - and use it to scan your computer often
- Install more than one web browser (Firefox, Chrome).
Library and technology are in the same department at Wellesley -- you'll find many helpful resources (including people!) in Clapp Library and the branch libraries.
- Take advantage of computer and software discounts
- Technology or library question? Log in to MyWellesley, go to Google Apps, click on Groups at the top of the page, and post your question in the General Questions for Entering Students group, or email your question to helpdesk <at> wellesley <dot> edu.
- Pack software and operating system discs, along with the power cable and accessories you got from our purchasing guide.
- There will be in-person help on campus, including our Computing Help Desk in Clapp Library, open weekdays, 8:15am-5:30pm.
- If your laptop needs repair, we have service on campus that will try to help (more info).