Parents & Families
Welcome to the Wellesley community.
Wellesley is committed to providing your daughter with all the resources that she will need to grow and thrive in her time here. We encourage your student to take ownership of her educational experience, to manage her responsibilities, to communicate with you and with her class deans and other advisors, and to work through difficulties with our support.
This website will outline for you some of the resources that are available to your daughter, as well as campus events that are open to you and other ways that you as a parent can get involved with Wellesley.
Wellesley recognizes the many roles that parents and families have throughout the education of their students.
Just as prospective students, current students, and alumnae each have a unique relationship with the College, so also do parents, who are inherently connected to the College throughout the lifetime of their student’s engagement with the Wellesley community.
Wellesley College therefore:
- engages parents to support their students’ personal and academic growth through coaching students to be successful, capable women;
- encourages parents to allow their students the space and freedom to take risks to grow and to develop judgment and resiliency;
- provides parents with important information about college opportunities, services and issues;
- commits to communicating with and responding to parents in a timely fashion;
- welcomes parents to share in the vibrant intellectual and social life of the College through events and activities; and
- promotes an ongoing connection between parents and the College.
We hope this website gives you a feel for the vibrant life at Wellesley, and that you'll be able to make it for Family Weekend in late September or other events throughout the year. We want your feedback: when you are on campus, come by the Parents Office in Green Hall 252 for a cup of tea and conversation.