We aim to make Commencement activities accessible to all students and their supporters.
Students or guests with any questions about accommodations during graduation activities and Commencement should get in touch with Jim Wice, director of Disability Services. Please make requests before May 9. Late requests will be responded to depending on availability.
Commonly Requested Accommodations
- A manual wheelchair during Commencement, May 30, 2014.
Requested wheelchairs will be available on the morning of Commencement. Your family member will need to sign for the chair at pickup and return it by 2:30 pm. To rent a wheelchair privately, you may contact Byrne Home Health Center in Natick Tel 508.655.3656.
- Accessible seating because of a mobility, hearing, seeing, or health-related disability or impairment.
A maximum of three seats will be available per graduate. Please pick up your accessible seating tickets by May 19.
- Aisle space for a guest bringing his/her own wheelchair, please request this to ensure enough maneuvering and aisle space.
- Accessible drop-off area.
There will be a drop-off area at Commencement for guests with disabilities who request this and are being driven to the ceremony.
- Accessible parking area.
A designated parking area will be provided for guests who have mobility impairments and are driving themselves and request this.
- A lift-equipped van.
This will be available upon request to get guests with disabilities to and from parking, the ceremony, and the reception.
- Services for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Requests may be made for a sign language interpreter for American Sign Language (ASL), Signed English, Cued Speech, and CART.
- Services for people who are blind, low vision, or need alternative print formats.
Requests may be made for audio, large print, or Braille Commencement programs: Please make your request for a large print or Braille Commencement program early to allow for production time.
- A Wellesley College accessible routes map.
This map contains accessible entrance locations and the most level pathways across campus is available online (click the wheelchair icon) and as a printable PDF.
Please contact Jim Wice at 781.283.2434 or email email@example.com to request an access accommodation for you or a guest. Please feel free to call if you have questions about any other disability related need.