Forms & Local Resources
Below are transportation options for off-campus appointments.
- WC Access Van: The only free mode of transportation. Reservations must be made in advance. Minimum notice of 4pm the day before appointment. Access Van travels to Wellesley, Natick, Needham, and Newton- Wellesley Hospital.
- MWRTA: Route 8. It runs through Wellesley every hour. Runs near Metro West Medical Center and Newton- Wellesley Hospital. $1.00 w/ a Wellesley College ID.
- MBTA: We recommend using the "trip planner" in Rider Tools.
- Veteran's Taxi: Health Service has reduced rate vouchers to use with Veteran's Taxi service. Please call Veteran's Taxi at (781) 235-1600 and tell them you have a Wellesley College voucher and your pick up location is Health Service. You'll obtain the vouchers at Health Service. Students will be billed from Health Service for the cost of the ride (including tip).
Health Service nurses can book rides in advance of your appt. with our discount. Veteran's can NOT add the discount to online reservations.
- Natick Cab: Health Service has a partnership with Natick Cab. You MUST say "Wellesley College Health Service" when booking a ride, otherwise the driver will expect payment from you! There are NO vouchers with this partnership. (508) 653-2300.
- Zip Car: they usually have discounts or specials for college students. *a quick word about Zip Cars from our Risk Management Dept.
- UBER: App- based, on-damand car service. Download the app, tell them where your going and select an available car to come get you. BECARFUL on prices & drivers! Must have a credit card.
Oral health is an essential part of a student’s overall well being. Here are some options.
- Dffered though University Plan for a fee.
- Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine (BUGSDM) is offering a Student Dental Plan that focuses on preventative care and includes basic emergency care. This plan is available to full time and part time, undergraduate and graduate students. The registration for the plan can be found online (use code WCHS). There are no co-pays, deductibles, paper-work or year maximums to be concerned about.
Here are 2 local dentists that accept WC insurance:
- Barr Levin, 214 N. Main St. Natick, MA 01760, (508) 655-6262.
- Wellesley Dental Group, 5 Seaward Rd. Wellesley, MA 02481, (781) 237-9071.
OFF CAMPUS TRAVEL CLINICS in the Boston area, click HERE