Below are transportation options for off-campus appointments.
- Access Van: The only free mode of transportation. Reservations must be made in advance. Minimum notice of 4pm the day before appointment. Access Van travels both on campus (8am-4:30pm) and off campus (9am-4pm) to Wellesley, Natick, Needham, and Newton- Wellesley Hospital.
- MWRTA: Route 8 runs through Wellesley every hour. Runs near Metro West Medical Center and Newton- Wellesley Hospital. $1.00 w/ a Wellesley College ID.
- MBTA: We recommend using the "trip planner" in Rider Tools.
- Taxi: Health Service has arranged for reduced rates with both JFK Taxi and Veteran's Taxi. Students will be billed from Health Service for the cost of the ride (including tip).
JFK Transportation: Please call or stop by Health Service to set up a ride. The more advanced notice the better!
Veteran's Taxi: Please call them at (781) 235-1600 and tell them you have a Wellesley College voucher and your pick up location is Health Service. You'll need obtain the vouchers at Health Service. Please call us to tell us that you've done this so we can prepare the vouchers ahead of time for you (no waiting- yay!). Veteran's can NOT add the discount to online reservations.
- Zip Car: they usually have discounts or specials for college students.
- UBER: App- based, on-demand car service. Download the app, tell them where your going and select an available car to come get you. BE CAREFUL on prices & drivers! Must have a credit card.