- Health Service
LET'S KEEP WELLESLEY FLU-FREE!
- If you haven't already been immunized, get a flu shot during our flu clinic or make a nursing appointment at your convenience. The Health Service has a limited supplies of vaccine available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Whether or not you've been immunized, make sure you have a thermometer and good supply of Ibuprofen (Advil) or Acetominaphen (Tylenol) on hand.
- Wash your hands frequently and practice cough courtesy - cough into your elbow or sleeve.
- If you have influenza-like symptoms (fever over 100F AND cough, or sore throat, runny nose, body aches, chills, or diarrhea/ vomiting), refrain from classes until you're fever-free for at least 24 hours without taking medication. Notify your Dean and ask your RD for a "buddy" who can bring your meals to you.
- If you develop influenza-like symptoms while on campus, come to the Health Service during walk-in hours (see website) or call x2810 and ask to speak to a nurse.
For more information, check out the CDC's FLU website.
WEST NILE VIRUS INFORMATION
For helpful info on about how to prevent mosquito and tick bites, check out the Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health's website:
For helpful info on West Nile Virus, check out the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention website: