WEST NILE VIRUS INFORMATION
For helpful info on about how to prevent mosquito and tick bites, check out the Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health's website:
For helpful info on West Nile Virus, check out the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention website:
LET'S KEEP WELLESLEY FLU-FREE!
- If you haven't already been immunized, get a flu shot while you are home. The Health Service has a limited supplies of vaccine available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Whether or not you've been immunized, make sure you have a thermometer and good supply of Ibuprofen (Advil) or Acetominaphen (Tylenol) when you come back to campus.
- Wash your hands frequently and practice cough courtesy - cough into your elbow or sleeve.
- If you have influenza-like symptoms (fever over 100F AND cough, or sore throat, runny nose, body aches, chills, or diarrhea/ vomiting), delay returning to campus until you're fever-free for at least 24 hours without taking medication.
- If you develop influenza-like symptoms while on campus, come to the Health Service during walk-in hours (see website) or call x2810 and ask to speak to a nurse.
For more information, check out the CDC's FLU website.