Frequently Asked Questions About Health Requirements Before Entering Wellesley College:
1. What if I cannot submit my health information by the July 1st / January 13th deadline?
- We request that you make every possible effort to upload information and complete your health history questionnaire on Online Student Health by July 1st / January 13th. If you cannot adhere to the deadline due to extreme circumstances, please submit the information as soon as possible.
- If you cannot submit a complete form by July 1st / January 13th due to a vaccine series not being complete or other circumstance, please submit as much health information as possible by July 1st / January 13th. Health information received after the deadline will be subject to a delay in review as information is reviewed in the order it is received.
- If your uploaded information and health history have not been received by August 8th, the privilege of academic registration will be jeopardized.
- Students with incomplete health information will be required to present to Health Service during Orientation Week. This mandatory visit could jeopardize participation in Orientation Programming. Student OneCards (I.D. cards) will be withheld.
2. How will I know if you have received my health information?
- Students can see a log of information that has been uploaded within Online Student Health. Submitted Health History forms are received immediately upon submission.Our clinical staff will communicate by Secure Message when health information has been reviewed. This Secure Message will provide detailed information about what, if any, information is missing or incomplete. Please be aware information is reviewed in the order it has been received.
3. Where do I mail the health forms if I don’t have the ability to upload documents?
Wellesley College Health Service
106 Central Street
Wellesley, Massachusetts 02481
Please make copies of all forms you mail for your own records.
4. What do I do if I cannot locate my immunization record?
You have a few options to discuss with your clinician:
You may be re-immunized. This will involve multiple vaccines given in multiple series.
- You may have blood testing done to determine immunity. Health Services requires copies of all laboratory tests done.
Under rare circumstances, you may obtain vaccines or titres to determine immunity upon arrival at Health Services. You will be required to receive these vaccines or titres within the first week. There will be a fee for each vaccine administered and each lab test ordered.
5. If my clinician does not offer the vaccines required, what do I do?
Under rare circumstances, you may obtain vaccines or titres to determine immunity upon arrival at Health Services. You will be required to receive these vaccines or titres during Orientation Week. There will be a fee for each vaccine administered and each lab test ordered.
Please refer to the price list on our Health Service Immunization page
5. What if I do not receive the required vaccines?
Your registration will be placed on hold until vaccines have been received.
Failure to complete a series of vaccines (ie: Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella) will also result in an administrative hold being placed.
Waivers may be signed for religious or medical reasons. Refer to https://www.wellesley.edu/healthservice/incomingstudents for details about religious and medical waivers.
- Waiver for Meningococcal Vaccination Requirement is an option for you should you desire the meningococcal vaccine but lack access to it. Call Health Service to schedule a nursing visit to receive the meningococcal vaccine.