I just found out I’m traveling abroad...what should I do next?
- Visit the CDC’s travel website for continually updated information regarding international health notices, immunization requirements, and recommendations specific to destinations you are considering for your travel abroad experience.
- Immunizations and other travelers health services are available at Health Service by scheduling a travel medicine appointment.
How do I schedule a Travel appointment in Health Service?
- Complete and submit electronically the Pre-Travel Screening Form, located on the secure Online Student Health portal. Log into the online portal using your Wellesley domain and password. Within Forms, select the Pre-Travel Screening Form. When this form is submitted, it is imported directly into your confidential health record for review by our clinical staff.
- Call during business hours to schedule a 30 minute travel appointment.
- Arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment.
*Travel medicine appointments are available prior to December 15th and May 15th each semester.
I need an off campus appointment- where should I go?
- Click here for off campus Travel Clinics in the area
Do you need more than a months worth of medication while traveling?
- If you have the Wellesley College Health Insurance plan, please click here to obtain additional months of medication.
- If you have private insurance, check with you insurance company direcly.
Pre-Departure Planning Tips:
- Consider how you can get the support you need while abroad chronic medical or mental health issues. anticipate how the psychosocial stress of an international experience might exacerbate any condition.
- Have a plan in place should exacerbations in health issues occur.
- Vaccinations should be received 6 weeks prior to departure for optimal immunity.
- Obtain extended supplies of any medications you take regularly.
- Ensure both your routine health and dental needs are up to date.