Events and Meetings at Slater International Center
Slater is a unique space with many functions. It houses the Office of International Student and Scholar Services and provides a place for members of the Wellesley College international community to gather informally to chat, study, watch tv or cook. Slater is also a space used frequently for student organization, faculty, and staff meetings, community events, cultural celebrations, lectures, and teas.
Upcoming events and programs at Slater International Center can be found on the College Event Calendar.
Slater International Center may be reserved by members of the Wellesley College community for college business or events with an international or multicultural focus. All reservation requests from faculty, staff, and students must be submitted through the College's Reservation System -- 25Live and will be reviewed in the order they are received. Please visit the Wellesley College Scheduling website for more information on how to submit your request. Scheduling FAQs can be found here.
Reservation requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance. You will receive an email notification when your request is approved or denied. Requests will be approved if the space is available, if the request is for a Wellesley College meeting or event that occurs outside of regular business hours and if the meeting is internationally or multiculturally focused.
- Slater International Center is an office space during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm) and must function as such during the work week.
- Custodial Services are required for events that occur on nights and weekends and involve food. There is a fee for custodial services. The fee will be charged to the department budget number you submit on your request or that is associated with your student organization.
- The front door of Slater will be unlocked for the duration of your event. If you would like to prepare the space before your event or meeting begins, please request "set-up" time on your reservation. Or, you can contact Campus Police at 781.283.2121 to grant you early access.
- Slater International Center has recently been renovated and original wood floors have been restored. To avoid damaging the floor, we ask that no furniture be moved. Unfortunately, external tables and chairs cannot be brought into Slater for events and meetings.
- The person reserving the house is responsible for the strict enforcement of the Wellesley College alcohol policy. Students should refer to the Student Handbook, and faculty should refer to the Administrative Handbook for a more detailed explanation of the policy.
- Slater is a shared space. During your event you will have full use of the upstairs area including: kitchen, dining room, and great room. However, our international community will continue to have access to the lower level for study purposes.
- It is ultimately the responsibility of the person reserving Slater to leave the house in its original condition following the event. This includes completing the following Clean-Up Checklist:
- Collect any garbage and place in trash bins around the house
- Clean, dry, and put away all dishes and kitchen equipment used
- Wipe down counters and table surfaces; cleaning supplies are under the upstairs kitchen sink
- Gently spot clean any stains on the area rugs in the living room
- Turn off any electrical or A/V equipment and return items back to their original place
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Slater International Center is open to the international student community 24/7 and students are allowed to use the unoccuppied space in the house while events are occurring.
Dining Room: 2 large wooden tables (difficult to move and must remain in dining room) with 8 chairs, 20 folding chairs, 2 6' folding tables.
Living Room: 2 high top tables, 3 coffee tables, 2 couches, 1 loveseat, 8 large upholstered chairs.