H1-B Specialty Occupation

H-1B Specialty Occupation

This visa category applies to individuals who wish to perform services in a “specialty occupation.”  The definition of “specialty occupation” is an occupation that requires:

  • A theoretical and practical application of a body of specialized knowledge; and
  • The attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent) as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.

For more information please see the definition contained in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) 214 (i)(1) for H-1B nonimmigrants and applicable standards and criteria determined by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)  for more information.

Costs for applying for H-1B status are covered by the College.  Costs for dependents and Premium Processing (if applicable) are covered by the individual.

H-4 Dependent Status

Spouses and/or children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join the principal visa holder in the United States for the duration of his/her stay require derivative H-4 visas. Individuals in H-4 status are not eligible for employment authorization.




Walk In Hours


There are no  Walk-In Hours during the summer. Please call 781.283.2082 or email Kelly Webber to schedule an appointment.


Regular Hours



8:30 PM - 4:30 PM


Events  (May amd June)

5/29/2014, Slater International Senior Reception, Slater, 6:00pm-8:00pm
6/7/2014, Reunion Event, Slater, 3:30pm-4:30pm