- Slater International Center
- Meet Our Staff
- Entering Students
- Current Students
- Visiting Students
- Scholars & Faculty
- Living in the U.S.
- Forms & Resources
- Reserving Slater
- International Student Statistics
- Winter Break & Wintersession 2014
In order to consider a request from a nonimmigrant employee for Wellesley sponsorship in the permanent resident process, both Wellesley policy and U.S. government regulations must be taken into consideration.
Costs of applying for permanent resident status will be divided between the faculty member and the college a follows:
Faculty Member Costs
- Form I-485 and associated expenses
- Additional family members filing fees for the I-485 petition
- Medical Exam
- Premium Processing fee (if applicable)
- Labor Certification
- Form I-140 and associated legal fees
It is recommended that beneficiaries keep their underlying H-1B status valid until the Adjustment of Status application (Form I-485) is approved. Extension beyond the six-year limit is possible, provided the labor certification or the Form I-140 has been pending for more than a year. Please consult with the Slater International Center for further details on filing extensions beyond six years.