The LTS Project Management Process facilitates intake and priority-setting of projects.
Anyone planning a Wellesley College project that involves multiple on-campus groups or constituencies, and requires Library & Technology Services resources (staff time, hardware, software, etc.) should submit a Project Proposal (see below). This process does not involve securing project funding.
The process is ideal for the investigation stage of projects! Don't feel like you have to do extensive research before engaging with this process—filling out a proposal while the project scope is still forming will enable you to connect with the most appropriate LTS staff and resources.
Begin by reviewing the following questions with your colleagues, supervisor, and/or other potential partners for this project. Submit a project proposal through WebHelpDesk (instructions below).
- Who is the sponsor or sponsors?
- Describe the problem, need or opportunity
- What is the goal of the project?
- What is your proposed solution? (if you already have ideas on how to solve this issue, please list applications or tasks already considered)
- Who would be the project participants? (list all departments and /or groups that may be involved in the solution)
- What additional resources would be required? (identify any other resources that may be necessary to carry this idea through to the end, such as additional ongoing staff, space considerations, etc.)
- Is this related to institutional priorities?
- What is your need-by date or intended time-frame (include specific dates if known, otherwise please estimate when this is needed and how long you think it might take to prepare for launch)
A Library & Technology Services staff member will contact you for further discussion.
Use WebHelpDesk to submit a project proposal
- Log into MyWellesley and click the WebHelpDesk icon.
- Request Type = Library & Technology Services. In the next field that appears, choose Project proposal - departmental outreach.
- Subject = name of the project.
- Fill out the other fields; none are required, but any information is helpful.
- If you would like to email a copy to someone else, fill in the email address in the cc: field.
- Click Save.