Library & Technology Services
B.A., College of St. Benedict; M.L.S., Syracuse University
Director, Research Services
- Direct the research services team of research and instruction librarians;
- Serve as the research and instruction librarian for Economics, Philosophy, Religion, and East Asian Language and Cultures;
- Coordinate Wellesley's participation in the Federal Depository Library Program;
- Serve as a member of the Drupal support team, working closely with academic department on their web sites and with faculty on their faculty profiles;
- Serve as the LTS service coordinator for departments in Pendelton East.
Library and Technology Trends of Interest
- altmetrics (measuring the impact of scholarship in many forms using non-traditional methods)
- the blurring of lines between librarians and instructional technologists
Wolfson, A. and Brooks, M. (2013, December 10.) "With altmetrics on the rise, the education community can capture insights into how pedagogy research is being used." LSE Impact of Social Sciences. [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2013/12/10/citations-and-altmetrics-in-education-research/
Wolfson, A., Brooks, M., Kumbier, A., and Lenares, D. (2013.) "Monitoring and Promoting the Impact of Pedagogically-Related Scholarship." Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education. doi: 10.1002/bmb.20730. Authors' version.
Beile P.M. and Adams M.M. (2000.) "Other Duties as Assigned: Emerging Trends in the Academic Library Job Market." College & Research Libraries 61 (4), 336-347. PDF.
Adams, M. (1996.) "Evaluation of Cabinet-Level World Wide Web Homepages." Government Information Quarterly 13 (3), 329-335.