- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
LIB-258 Equipment Instructions
Margaret Clapp Library Seminar/Conference Room 258
Conference Table (Seminar Rm)
I S:Computer, Windows
I S:Connection For Laptop
I S:D V D Player, U S A Only
I S:Projection Screen
I S:Projector, L C D
I S:V C R, U.S.A. Only
- Extron wall panel operates projection screen.
- Video source remotes located in the rack's remote control bin or on seminar table.
- Wireless keyboard and mouse located on shelf in the equipment rack or seminar table.
Turning on the Projector
From the Extron wall panel, press the Display Power button. A green light will flash, indicating the projector has been turned on. It may take 45 seconds to reach full brightness.
Use the control buttons on the Extron wall panel (DOWN, UP, STOP) to lower or raise the projection screen.
Projecting from the PC
- Confirm the PC in the equipment rack is on (power button is lit). Press the PC button on the Extron wall panel.
- Use the projection screen; there is no local computer monitor.
- Locate the wireless keyboard and mouse in the rack or conference table.
NOTE: The wireless keyboard and mouse operate on AA batteries. Additional batteries can be found in the pull-out drawer in the equipment rack.
Projecting from a Laptop
Locate recessed cable cubby in the conference table, which contains a VGA cable and power outlet. Connect laptop to VGA cable and turn on laptop. On the Extron wall panel, select LAPTOP.
Rotate the knob Volume Dial on the Extron wall panel.
Projecting from the Region-Free DVD Player
- Turn on the Region-free DVD players in the equipment rack.
- Insert a DVD or CD.
- On the Extron wall panel, press Display Power. Note: A green light will flash on the projector. It may take up to 45 seconds to reach full brightness.
- On the Extron wall panel, press Composite Video.
- Use the DVD remote located in the rack's remote control bin or the DVD player's onboard controls.
Projecting from the Multi-Standard VCR
- Turn on the Samsung VCR in the equipment rack.
- Insert videotape. Acceptable formats include NTSC, PAL, and SECAM.
- On the Extron wall panel, press Display Power. Note: A green light will flash on the projector. It may take 45 seconds to reach full brightness.
- On the Extron wall panel, select the Composite Video button.
- Use the VCR remote located in the remote control bin or the VCR's onboard controls to play the videotape.
Turning off the Projector
On the Extron wall panel, press and hold the Display Power button for a few seconds and then let go. A green light on the panel will flash, indicating the projector will turn off in 90 seconds. Note the projector cannot be turned on again until the 90 second cool-down mode is completed.