- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
SCI-104 Equipment Instructions
SCI 104 Equipment Instructions
Science Center 104 Classroom
Classroom Rows W/ Tables
I S:Computer, Windows
I S:Projection Screen
I S:Projector, L C D
- Wall Rack, next to the blackboard.
- Crestron Remote Control, on the instructor desk. Look for the black remote with green, blue, yellow, and red buttons.
Light controls are located on the wall to the right of the instructor's desk.
To adjust the volume, use the yellow buttons on the Crestron Remote Control: Source Up, Source Down, or Mute.
Turning on the Projector
Locate the Extron Switcher. Press and hold for 5 seconds the Display Power button to turn on the projector. The Display Power button will illuminate and the projector will take approximately 45 seconds to reach full brightness.
Projecting from a Laptop
- Locate the VGA/audio cables on the instructor desk or on top of the equipment rack. Connect one end of cables to the laptop and the other end to the Computer connection on the front of the Extron Switcher.
- Press the green Laptop button on the Crestron Remote Control to display the laptop screen.
Projecting from the VCR
Select the green VCR source button on the Crestron Remote Control. Insert a tape into the VCR in the equipment rack. Use the blue play, pause, stop, rewind and fast-forward buttons on the remote control.
Projecting from the DVD/CD Player
Insert a DVD/CD into the DVD player. Select the green CD/DVD/Laser source button on the remote control. Use the blue buttons on the remote control to play, pause, rewind, etc.
Projecting from the Document Camera
- Press the DOC button on the Crestron Remote Control.
- Unfold and raise the light arms on the document camera as far as they will go. Firmly press the lever on the camera arm downward and raise the camera head so the arm is at a 45' angle and the camera points straight down.
- Press the Lamp button on the document camera to turn on the lights on either side of the document camera.
- Turn on the document camera by pressing the Green Power Button on the left of its control panel.
- The projector should display documents and objects that are placed on the bed of the document camera.
- When switching documents/objects, you can press the Freeze button on the document camera to freeze an image on the projection screen. Press the Freeze button again to exit the freeze mode.
- To display transparencies, press the Lamp button on the document camera once. The panel underneath the bed will light up and the arm lights will turn off. To turn the lights off entirely, press the Lamp button again.
- You can zoom in and out with the Zoom buttons. If the image becomes unfocused, adjust the focus with the focus buttons.
- When you are finished, turn the document camera off with the power button.
Watching a Channel on WCVN (Cable TV)
Press the green WCVN source button on the Crestron Remote Control. To scan channels press one of the blue Chan Up/Down buttons on the remote control. To select a specific channel use the black number buttons.