- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Digital Fabrication, Research and Pedagogy
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
SCI-558 Equipment Instructions
Science Center 558 Psychology Seminar Room
Conference Table (Seminar Rm)
I S:C D Player
I S:Computer, Windows
I S:D V D Player, U S A Only
I S:Projection Screen
I S:Projector, L C D
I S:V C R, U.S.A. Only
- On the equipment rack, the Extron Switcher Panel has 7 active buttons for selecting source inputs. Press the respective button for the source you intend to use.
- Video source remotes are located in either the equipment rack's pullout drawer or on the desk/table.
Rotate the knob Volume on the Extron Switcher.
To raise or lower the projection screen, press the Screen UP or Screen DOWN buttons on the Extron Switcher, or use the screen's Up and Down controls on the wall next to the equipment rack.
Turning on the Projector
Locate the Extron Switcher. Press and hold for 5 seconds the Display Power button to turn on the projector. The Display Power button will illuminate and the projector will take approximately 45 seconds to reach full brightness.
Projecting from the PC
Confirm the PC is on (power button is lit). Select the PC button on the Extron Switcher.
Projecting from a Laptop
- Locate the VGA/audio cables on the instructor desk or in the equipment drawer. Connect one end of the cables to the laptop and the other end to the Computer connection on the front of the Extron Switcher.
- Press the Laptop button on the Extron Switcher to display the laptop screen.
Projecting from the DVD/CD player
Insert the disc. Press the DVD button on the Extron Switcher. Use the DVD remote or the onboard controls to play the disc.
Projecting from the VCR
Insert the videotape into the VCR. Press the VCR button on the Extron Switcher. Use the VCR's remote or onboard controls to play, pause, stop, etc.
Turning off the Projector
To turn off the projector, press and hold for five seconds the green Display Power button on the Extron Switcher.
NOTE: The projector will need a few minutes to cool down before it can be turned on again.