- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
CrashPlan Pro File Restoration
Restoring Files With CrashPlan Pro
1. Launch CrashPlan Pro. For PC's you can do this using the CrashPlan icon in you system tray (next to the clock) or through the Start Menu. For Macs, you will find the CrashPlan application in your Applications folder. You may also perform restores through the CrashPlan web portal.
2. Launch CrashPlan Pro
3. Log in using your existing account and select Restore.
4. By default, the most recent versions of the selected files are restored to the Desktop folder. Files with the same name as any files being restored are renamed to include the prefix “original1”. Click the underlined text to cycle through the restore options.
5. To restore files that have been deleted, enable the Display deleted files check box.
6. Select the files you'd like to restore. This will vary depending on where you store data.
Suggested Windows 7 folders to restore (note, "Users" will be your own username):
- C:\Users\username\My Documents
Suggested Mac Folders to restore (note, "Username" below will be your own username):
7. Click Restore.
Your files begin downloading as soon as you click Restore. If you’re on a Mac, please read the next section carefully. MAC permissions will need to be changed prior to moving data on the new MAC.
Important information for Macintosh computers
1. Once your restored files have downloaded, select your restored folder.
2. If you’re in the Finder window, click the gear button and select Get Info. Alternatively, go to File > Get info.
3. At the bottom, expand the Sharing and Permissions section.
4. Select your user name
5. Change Privilege to Read and Write
6. Click gear button on the bottom of the sharing and permission screen.
7. Select Apply to enclosed items. This will prevent error messages later when accessing your files. This process may take several minutes depending on the number of files and subfolders. When the privileges have been applied, you may close the open Info window.
Compare the old and new computer to make sure you have restored everything you need.